Crazy Mushrooms

I had some friends over yesterday and we were marveling over these fat orange beauties in the yard but had no idea what they were. I decided to go searching for answers this morning and found some pretty cool information about them. I believe these are Jack o Lantern mushrooms and are both highly toxic and bioluminescent - they glow in the dark! I wish I had looked that up last night so I could have gone down there after dark.

The lawn guys are coming today, so guess who is going to go harvest some mushrooms?! I think nature is so fascinating. There must have been a tree growing there at some point in time. Wouldn't you love to have a time lapse of the place you are living that spanned a hundred years?